Child Gets Served Alcohol at A Chili’s

View Comments
dinks Child Gets Served Alcohol at A Chilis

Tim Whitby, Getty images

I think from now on I will taste my child’s drink first every time we eat out,  because this is crazy.  The mother of a four-year-old girl claims that a South Side Chicago Chili’s served her daughter an alcoholic drink by accident. Tyree Davis took her daughter Brooklynn Morris to the Chili’s on the 1700 block of West 119th Street, where she ordered the girl a chocolate milkshake.   Instead, she says her daughter received a mudslide – an alcoholic drink containing vodka, Kahlua and Bailey’s Irish Cream

According to CBS Chicago,  the Chili’s manager told her a mistake may have occurred because two similar looking drinks were sitting side-by-side at the bar.

Davis says Brooklyn drank the Vodka mix three or four times before noticing something was wrong.

“Brooklynn said, ‘I don’t like it,’ and she said, ‘You don’t like it? Why? Let me taste it,'” Davis said, “and when I tasted it – alcohol. I knew immediately it was alcohol.”

Police were called to the scene, who recommended taking the child to the hospital.   Brooklyn was later diagnosed with alcohol ingestion overdose.

“While we were at the hospital, they said that her chest was tight. They called respiratory; they came down and gave her a breathing treatment. Since we’ve been home, she did vomit,” Davis said.

Meanwhile, Chili’s parent company ERJ Dining says it’s getting conflicting details of the incident, stating “To our knowledge, Ms. Davis and her daughter ordered a kids’ drink (red fruit punch) and a chocolate shake. The fruit punch beverage was served to Brooklynn in a plastic kid cup with a lid and straw.”

The company also said, “The (alcoholic) drink in question was served to an adult, in glass , not to a child or in a kids’ cup.”

Click Here To Read More

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus