So outside of seeing the 4th of July Fireworks on the National Mall
which starts usually around 9:15 p.m. ( Rain Date: July 5th)…
Best Places to View the National Mall Fireworks
* U.S. Capitol
* Lincoln Memorial
* Jefferson Memorial
* FDR Memorial
* East Potomac Park
* Rooftop Bars in Washington DC
* Rooftop of the W Hotel (tickets required)
* Anywhere along the National Mall between 14th Street and the Capitol
Now outside of the National Mall …I found a few other locations for your fireworks viewing pleasure 🙂
• National Harbor, Two displays this year. Gaylord National Resort. Fireworks and Summer Festival, July 3, 2011, beginning at 6:30 p.m., tickets are required. Also, on July 2, 2011, fireworks will be displayed for the Uncle Sam Jam – a 21+ event.
• Gaithersburg, Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg, Maryland. (301) 258-6350. Gates open at 5 p.m. Walk-in at Chestnut or Dalamar Streets; the Perry Parkway entrance will be closed. Entertainment at 7 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
• Rockville, Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland. Additional parking will be available at Rockville Town Center. Live entertainment begins at 7 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Boyds/Germantown, Germantown Soccerplex, 18041 Central Park Circle, Boyds, Maryland. (240) 777-6820. Patriotic concert at 7 p.m. and fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Poolesville, Poolesville Polo Grounds, 14660 Hughes Rd., Poolesville, Maryland. Live music begins at 6 p.m., Fireworks at 9 p.m. Parking is $5 per vehicle. (301) 972-8888.
• Kensington/Wheaton Albert Einstein High School, 11135 Newport Road, Kensington, Maryland. Entertainment begins at 7:30 p.m. and fireworks show will begin approximately 9:15 p.m.
• Takoma Park Takoma Park Middle School, 7611 Piney Branch Road, Takoma Park, Maryland. Parade at 10 a.m. at the intersection of Carroll and Ethan Allen Avenues. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• College Park University of Maryland, College Park. Parking Lot 1, off Campus Drive near the University Boulevard/Adelphi Road entrance. (301) 864-8877. Food and music start at 7 p.m., with fireworks around 9 p.m.
• Six Flags America, Mitchellville, Maryland. (301) 249-1500. The amusement park sponsors a spectacular fireworks display on July 3rd and 4th. Enjoy a full day of family entertainment.
• Bowie Allen Pond Park, Bowie, Maryland. (301) 809-3078. Entertainment, food and fireworks from 3-10:30 pm.
• Bowie Prince George’s County Stadium, 4101 NE Crain Hwy, Bowie, Maryland. Fireworks display after the game. For additional information and tickets, call (301) 805-6000.
• Greenbelt Buddy Attick Park, 555 Crescent Rd., Greenbelt, Maryland. (301) 397-2200. Entertainment begins at 4 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
• Laurel July 2, 2011. Granville Gude Park, Laurel Lake, Laurel, Maryland. (301) 725-5300 ext. 44. Parade at 11 a.m. Car show following and Fireworks at dusk.
• Fort Meade Routes 175 (Annapolis Road) and Reece Road, Fort Meade, Maryland. Celebration from noon to 10:30 p.m. Free admission – Open to the public. DJ, Band, Food/beverage vendors, Novelty vendors, Karate> demonstration and fireworks.
• Frederick, Baker Park, Second and Bentz Streets, Frederick, Maryland. (301) 228-2844. Music on four stages, fireworks and much more.
• Columbia, Lake Kittamaquandi, 10221 Wincopin Circle Columbia, Maryland. (410) 740-4545. Music, children’s entertainment begins at 5 p.m. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
• Annapolis, Annapolis City Dock, Annapolis, Maryland. (410) 263-1183. Parade and fireworks: Parade starts at 6:30 p.m. Fireworks at 9:15 p.m. Parade Route: West Street, around Church Circle, down Main Street to the City Dock. Naval Academy’s Concert Band will perform at the end of City Dock just prior to the fireworks.
Get more deets here: http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/4thofJuly_2.htm
HAVE A HAPPY & SAFE HOLIDAY DMV 🙂