[photogallerylink id=99576 align=left]World renowned singer, actress, and producer Alicia Keys turned 31 today!
1. Her real name is Alicia Augello Cook. But her nickname is, “Lellow.”
2. She initially wanted to call herself “Alicia Wild,” but changed it to “Keys” after her manager Jeff Robinson’s persuasion.
3. She began playing piano at 7 and wrote her first song at 14.
4. At the age of 16, she became valedictorian at her high school graduation majoring in choir at the Professional Performing Arts School of Manhattan.
5. She was enrolled in Columbia University, but dropped out before graduating to pursue her music career.
6. She has won 12 Grammy Awards, 6 American Music Awards and 13 NAACP Image Awards.
7. She is co-founder of “Keep A Child Alive,” a non-profit organization which provides medical resources for those living with HIV/AIDS in Africa.
8. While on the road, she carries a pink bunny with her. “It reminds me that not everything is not so serious.” she told InStyle.
9. She has been friends with Beyonce since age 13 and Usher since age 14.
10. All of her albums except for 2009’s “The Element of Freedom,” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
Well there you have it! Ten facts about Alicia Keys, just when you thought you couldn’t like her more! ;)
Have a fabulous birthday, Alicia!