Local 12-Year-Old Raps On Stage With Jay Z
At 12-years-old, Justin has already achieved one of the biggest goals of his life: singing on stage with Jay Z. The boy, who is from Maryland, attended the January 5 Greensboro date of Jay Z‘s Magna Carter World Tour and got the chance of a lifetime to rap next to HOV.
It seems Justin and his mother, Angela, attended the Charlotte show the night before and was trying desperately to get Jay Z’s attention from the eighth row but the rapper didn’t notice the duo. Not giving up, Angela bought tickets to the Greensboro date the following day and was lucky enough to land last minute front row seats. Justin showed up with his sign that read “Can I Rap For You” to which Jay Z agreed partway through the show.
Jay Z brought the preteen on stage to sing with him on his hit “Clique” and the youngster impressed even further when he noted that he didn’t need music to drop the lyrics. After blowing the crowd away, the brave boy even asked to go backstage with Jay Z, to which he agreed. The five-minute meeting backstage happened after the show.
Watch Justin rap to “Clique” below.
- 2 Chainz Talks Running for Mayor, Releases New Mixtape
- ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Reboot Cast Led by Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig
- Stream Fifth Harmony’s New Album ‘Reflection’
- Raekwon, Ghostface Killah Making Documentary About ‘Only Built 4 Cuban Linx’
- J. Cole is Turning His N.C. Home Into a Refuge for Single Mothers