About DJ Flexx
DC’s #1 Crowd Motivator
Born and raised in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, DJ Flexx has become the areas most noted disc jockey. A veteran of the music industry, DJ Flexx has been rock’n the DC market since 1991.
Realizing his dream at a young age, DJ Flexx started mixing and producing music in the basement of his parents’ home. Determined to perfect his craft, DJ Flexx began playing at house parties and high school jams. As he gained notoriety, DJ Flexx graduated to rocking parties at neighborhood skate rinks, cabarets and nightclubs, but the best was still to come…
In 1994, DJ Flexx produced, recorded and released his third single entitled “The Waterdance”. This song changed his life forever and gave him a taste of fame outside the Washington metropolitan area. He gained instant popularity in Philadelphia, Virginia, North Carolina, and Atlanta.
1995 brought on new challenges; DJ Flexx was offered a position at WPGC AM Flava 1580. This small station is where Flexx homed his skills, not only as a mix-show jock, but a radio personality also. He was quickly hired by sister station 95.5 WPGC FM, number one the market, as a radio personality.
Constantly evolving within his craft, DJ Flexx joined the Black Entertainment Television family in 1996 as a DJ on Teen Summit.
Throughout his career, DJ Flexx has traveled from Canada to Mexico, from Alaska to New York and has rocked parties overseas providing fans with a taste of the Nations Capital, including DC’s original music Go-Go. Considering himself a Go-Go Ambassador, DJ Flexx spreads his love for Go-Go music every chance he gets. DJ Flexx has recorded singles with Go-Go bands such as Rare Essence and the Backyard Band. In keeping with versatility, DJ Flexx also has recorded songs with such artists as Groove Theory, Salt ‘n Pepa, Funkmaster Flex, and performed and produced a song on Lil’ Jon’s multi platinum album Crunk Juice
The future holds no limit for DJ Flexx. Currently, he continues to perform as WPGC’s afternoon host of “The Home Team”. Never forgetting his roots, DJ Flexx volunteers his time to speak at area schools on a weekly basis. He also owns Baldhead Productions (BP), a music production company. BP continues to build an illustrious client base including Coca-Cola, HBO, Microsoft and Black Entertainment Television. Baldhead Productions has produced the CD’s Welcome the DJ Flexx Show,ThatGoGo.com ,Go-Go 95 and Last Call.
- Bunker Sports Cafe!! 5.17.13 Cafe Asia Saturdays!! 5.11.13 Arsenio Hall Meet and Greet... Cafe Asia Saturdays!!!
- Cafe Asia Saturdays!! A$AP Rocky Meet & Greet!! Shaq Attack Release Party @... The Howard Theater's 2nd...
- Cafe Asia Saturday's!! 4.20.13 Broccoli Fest 2013!! Operation Pretty &... Set the World on Fire Tour
- Bunker Sports Cafe 4.12.13!! Bunkers Sports Cafe 4.5.13! Little Mix In Studio!
- RT @rheMEMBER_me: @WPGC follow back 😁 1 hour ago
- Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to @RedCross to aid #Moore tornado victims. cbsloc.al/18ctY9v (via @947FreshFM) 2 hours ago
- IRS Replaces Lerner Amid Tea Party Controversy: cbsloc.al/ZiI8TR 2 hours ago
- RT @Tonyredz1: Tcb Harlem Shake @WPGC m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk_V7x… 4 hours ago
- RT @SunniAndTheCity: More Birthday Bash tickets coming up at 1:05pm! @WPGC wpgc.com/birthdaybash 4 hours ago